I have a super quick & easy recipe for y’all today! This is one of my favorite things to throw together for dinner. It’s super easy, super quick, & it’s cheap to make. It’s a cherry tomato spaghetti sauce & it’s delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need –
Cherry tomatoes (I used a 10.5 oz package this time, but it’s really up to you on how many tomatoes you use)
3 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
Basil (dried or fresh. It’s up to you. I usually use dried, because I always have it on hand.)
Spaghetti (this, again, depends on how much you want to use & how many people you’re cooking for. With the 10.5 oz of cherry tomatoes that I used, I used half a box of spaghetti noodles)
Salt & Pepper
So here’s what you need to do –
1. Fill a pot with water & sprinkle in a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the package’s directions.
2. In a large skillet, add the garlic & oil. Preheat it over medium heat & allow the oil & garlic to heat up together. Let it cook until the garlic becomes lightly golden.
3. While the garlic & oil is coming up to temp., go ahead & slice your cherry tomatoes in half.
4. Once the garlic has browned, add your tomatoes & season with salt & pepper.
Allow them to cook for about 10 minutes, or until they cook down & create a sauce.
5. Your pasta should be finished cooking by this point, so drain the pasta & add it to whatever bowl you want to use. I usually just put it straight back into the pot I cooked it in.
6. Add the tomato sauce to the spaghetti, along with your basil, & mix everything together.
7. At this point you can add as much or as little Parmesan as you want, & you’re done!
I really hope you give this one a try & let me know what you think. It’s so simple, but so yummy!
Until next time!