This post is going to be my recipe for pancakes! They’re SO easy, & they’re definitely a favorite in our house.
My husband doesn’t usually request certain meals. There are only 3 or 4 things that I make that he’ll specifically ask for. Other than that it’s usually, “Whatever you want to make, baby.” so the fact that he requests these as often as he does is a pretty big deal lol. One of the best things about this recipe is that you can easily make them your own. For example, I put blueberries in them this morning. I usually don’t put anything in them, but I had some blueberries that I needed to use. If you don’t like blueberries, you can use any berry of your choice, or even just throw in some chocolate chips!
Here’s what you’ll need –
3/4 Cup of Milk
2 Tbsp of White Vinegar
2 Tbsp of Butter
1 Cup of All-purpose Flour
2 Tbsp of White Sugar
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp of Salt
1 Cup of Blueberries
Here’s the Process –
1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl & set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
2. While the milk is souring, be sure to rinse your blueberries & preheat your griddle. The griddle that I use is awesome. My husband & I found it by chance while we were shopping at Sam’s Club. It was only about $20, & one of the best purchases we’ve ever made. It’s a Wolfgang Puck, & it’s so convenient. When I’m not using it I can just store it in one of our cabinets. Here’s a picture of it –
3. Melt your butter & add it & the egg to the milk mixture.
4. Go ahead & add your dry ingredients to the milk mixture. Try to mix it so that there are no lumps.
5. Save about 1/4 cup of flour to add to your blueberries. Adding the flour to the blueberries prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
6. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
7. Next pour your desired amount onto your preheated griddle. Now, it might look like it’s going to be a disaster, but just be patient. Wait about 3 minutes before flipping, depending on how hot your griddle is, & then gently flip them.
8. Keep doing this until all the batter is gone. & then Enjoy!!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. As I said above, you can use any fruit, or chocolate chips, that you’d like. If you try them out let me know!